In doubt
What if the result doesn't worth?
The biggest question that keeps haunting my mind. At some moments I feel a very big excitement doing things I consider as my passion, but isn't it something human to feel in doubt and insecure about what the future may hold?
Recently, the national exam for high school students has been conducted. It has come to my attention since many students complained through the official instagram of the ministry of education. Sounds funny yet irony, that every year the national exam keeps getting protested. Reminds me of how the difficulty of the national exam was irrational during my high school.
I could never be clear whether to oppose the government or to support them, to complain like other students or not. My father always teach me the miracle of 'jalan tengah' and empathy. If I can assume, from the governor point of view, such questions was the best way to test the understanding of students. But for students, such exam was irrational and useless. Both side could be true, don't you think so?
I clearly remember days after the national exam was held, I didn't attribute failing to external factors. I told myself that I had nothing to lose, because I enjoyed the process of learning so many things. Hence, I accepted whatever the result was, while it was surprisingly the best result I had achieved. The same concept I used when I was asked about how will I respond if things don't go as my expectation, during the PPAN selection interview. I also use the term to name every exchange application folders.
The concept nothing to lose is very tough indeed. I might have lose some time, but I get somewhat valuable experience in return. It requires huge self acceptance, ikhlas, patience, and the ability to recharge your spirit back. Being ikhlas and patient is easy when you have truly accepted the condition you are facing and to accept that whatever happens in your life was meant to happen. Everything happens for a reason, whether its a blessing or a lesson. If He took something from you, then He will give you back something better. You know, it is easier to say than to practice. Acceptance might need time. While you keep denying, you might have the same question as I do: where does this test actually takes me? Ask human, they will give you 1001 ways to rome. But, I choose to ask help from God, He gives unbreakable promises and answers every problems through the holy Quran.
Sometimes we are hopeless, really really hopeless. We make mistakes, which made our life uncomfortable. We ask a lot of things to Him. So that he will give us mercy, show us the right way, ease trouble, and many other requests in life. He never rejects our prayer, but answers our prayer in three other ways: 1) Yes, or Yes but not now; 2) I have something better; or 3) I have something better in the hereafter. Giving up is not a choice. We never know what might happen. “Perhaps you hate a thing that is best for you, and you love a thing that is bad for you. Allah knows, while you know not.” (2:216). When we feel like we've lost everything and there's nothing left to be done, remember "Surely Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their belongings and in return has promised that they shall have Paradise." (9:111). What is the worth of dunya compared to the hereafter? Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise.
I could never be clear whether to oppose the government or to support them, to complain like other students or not. My father always teach me the miracle of 'jalan tengah' and empathy. If I can assume, from the governor point of view, such questions was the best way to test the understanding of students. But for students, such exam was irrational and useless. Both side could be true, don't you think so?
I clearly remember days after the national exam was held, I didn't attribute failing to external factors. I told myself that I had nothing to lose, because I enjoyed the process of learning so many things. Hence, I accepted whatever the result was, while it was surprisingly the best result I had achieved. The same concept I used when I was asked about how will I respond if things don't go as my expectation, during the PPAN selection interview. I also use the term to name every exchange application folders.
The concept nothing to lose is very tough indeed. I might have lose some time, but I get somewhat valuable experience in return. It requires huge self acceptance, ikhlas, patience, and the ability to recharge your spirit back. Being ikhlas and patient is easy when you have truly accepted the condition you are facing and to accept that whatever happens in your life was meant to happen. Everything happens for a reason, whether its a blessing or a lesson. If He took something from you, then He will give you back something better. You know, it is easier to say than to practice. Acceptance might need time. While you keep denying, you might have the same question as I do: where does this test actually takes me? Ask human, they will give you 1001 ways to rome. But, I choose to ask help from God, He gives unbreakable promises and answers every problems through the holy Quran.
Sometimes we are hopeless, really really hopeless. We make mistakes, which made our life uncomfortable. We ask a lot of things to Him. So that he will give us mercy, show us the right way, ease trouble, and many other requests in life. He never rejects our prayer, but answers our prayer in three other ways: 1) Yes, or Yes but not now; 2) I have something better; or 3) I have something better in the hereafter. Giving up is not a choice. We never know what might happen. “Perhaps you hate a thing that is best for you, and you love a thing that is bad for you. Allah knows, while you know not.” (2:216). When we feel like we've lost everything and there's nothing left to be done, remember "Surely Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their belongings and in return has promised that they shall have Paradise." (9:111). What is the worth of dunya compared to the hereafter? Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise.


0 comments